5 Lessons Learned:
- Life is short. Cherish every moment.
- Stop to appreciate the good and beautiful things right in front of you. They won't be there forever.
- Sometimes bad things will happen. Allow them to make you stronger.
- Travel whenever possible. Open your eyes and see.
- Friendships and relationships take effort. Dedicate yourself to them.
5 Altering Moments:
- I moved into my first home.
- I let go of the past.
- I fell in love.
- I took control over some of my anxieties.
- I let a Swedish teenager come live with me.
5 Times I Realized I Was No Longer a Kid:
- I'm standing in my classroom looking back at 20 sets of beady little eyes and realize I'm the "most responsible" person in the room. (Frequency: every day)
- Sometimes I look in the mirror and see my mom. (Frequency: at least weekly)
- I've begun using a night-time eye cream. Someone ought to pre-order my walking cane too. (Frequency: daily)
- I can't drink like I could in college. (Frequency: most mornings after nights that ended by 11PM)
- My parents were right. About a lot of things. (Frequency: too often for what I'm willing to admit)
5 People I'm (So-Incredibly) Thankful For:
- My Family: : Your support does not go unappreciated.
- My Tribe: Love you ladies.
- My Friends: You make all things better.
- My Coworkers: My days wouldn't be as enjoyable without ya'll.
- My New Friends: Looking back on it, I've made a lot of new friends this year and I'm really glad our paths found a way to cross.
5 Things I'm Still Learning (& Will Continue to Learn):
- Doing things alone is okay and necessary.
- The things that are scariest to do/commit to are often the most worthwhile.
- Nobody actually has their shit completely together.
- Say "I love you" whenever you goddamn feel like it. People ought to know.
- Say yes. Say no. Say whatever the hell you want to as long as you are prepared for what may follow.
5 Things I'm Looking Forward to in My Future Life:
- Starting a family of my own
- Learning about and gaining an appreciation for unknown things
- Starting my coffee bean farm
- And lastly, all the moments to come that are just like now; when I can sit back and reflect on how good my life has been.
Thank you for making these past 25 years amazing. I cannot wait to see what comes next.